My new friend Sheila asked me for a chicken curry/sauce recipe and so here I am writing the recipe for her. I figured that while waiting for a curry recipe from Meena, I will put up a chicken 'sauce' recipe. It is my favorite. So here we go...Happy trying!
2 piece of breast fillet chicken
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch cloves
2 tablespoon oil
1 cup sweet chili sauce ( you can use tomato sauce as a substitute)
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoon garlic paste/2 cloves
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon coriander leaves (for garnish)
1. Cut chicken into small pieces.
2. Heat frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and fry chicken pieces.
3. Once it is cooked(brownish),place chicken into a bowl.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pot and cook spice(mustard seeds, ground cumin,ground coriander,curry powder,ginger,ground nutmeg,cloves) for 30-40 seconds.
5. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
6.Add sweet chili sauce, honey ,garlic,vinegar and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper.
8.Turn off the fire and close the pot with the cover and leave for 5 minutes.
9. Stir the sauce
10. Pour the sauce on the fried chicken pieces.
11. Add coriander leaves to garnish.
Note: If you think the sauce is too much. You can keep it and eat it with any vegetable you like.