Preparation time: approx 10 minutes
Cooking time: approx 30 minutes
- 1/2 kg minced beef/chicken (use any minced meat you prefer)
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 onions (chop it finely)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes (chop it finely)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in the cooking pot.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and fry until they turn pale brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the minced meat, coriander powder,cumin powder and garam masala
- Stir often to prevent burning until the meat is brown and tender.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and cook till they are soft and not much water left in the pot.
- Add lime juice and stir for 1 minute.
- Turn off the fire.
- Add coriander leaves to garnish